Check Out the Latest in Home Air Conditioning: Smart Thermostats
More and more, the world seems to be right at a person’s fingertips. The advent of smartphone technology has given people the ability to be in touch with most things almost all the time. Now that many people carry around a micro-sized computer in their bag or back pocket, more companies and services have joined the app store. Even in the world of central heating and air conditioning, this technology is being used. The invention of the smart thermostat helps homeowners keep their homes comfortable and save money.
Peace of Mind with the Honeywell Home T5+ Smart Thermostat
While one can access all smart thermostats via a phone app, Honeywell has provided one app for all of its various smart technologies. The T5+ Smart Thermostat has several major selling points. These include:
- Voice Control Compatible: through Siri, Cortana, and Alexa (among others)
- Geofencing: This allows the thermostat to track the owner’s smartphone and start making the home comfortable when they are getting close.
- Energy Saving: The geofencing feature is largely because energy is not wasted on an empty house.
- Alerts: When filters need to be replaced or other problems happen with the system, the thermostat lets the homeowner know.
Price: $110- $160
Ecobee Adds Convenient Extras with Their Smart Thermostat with Voice Control
- Voice Control: Alexa is built right in for convenience, but the system also works with other home systems such as Apple Home Kit.
- Smart Sensor: Detects the presence of occupants and adjusts the temperature for comfort or for energy saving.
- Learning: Automatically adapts to the schedule of the people within the home.
- Extras: Comes standard with Spotify and excellent speakers.
The Thermostat that “Programs Itself:” Google Nest Learning Thermostat
The Google Nest Learning Thermostat was one of the first of its kind. It was first to be Energy Star certified and claims to save energy both while heating and cooling. So much so that this thermostat is said to pay for itself in two years. Below are the major features of the Google Nest Learning Thermostat:
- Seven Colors: Stainless Steel, Mirrored Black, White, Brass, Copper, Polished Steel, Black
- Programs Itself: Use for a week. Adjust temps via the thermostat and the Nest app to show preferences, and the thermostat takes it from there.
- Tracking: Tracks the energy usage in the home to allow homeowners to discover trends and make informed decisions to save energy and money. It also uses the smartphone to track location for energy saving.
- Display: Senses when an occupant walks into the room and lights up to show time, weather, and indoor temperature settings.
About G.F. Bowman, Inc.
This family-owned business has been serving the Harrisburg, PA area since 1967 when it was run out of the Bowman garage. Their knowledge and experience with up-to-date technology mean they can answer any questions customers may have and assist them in choosing the right thermostat or other appliance for their home.