Boiler Installation & Repair Services in Harrisburg & Central Pennsylvania
Get the expert help you need from G.F. Bowman, Inc. your reliable boiler repair and installation contractors.
If you are looking for a trustworthy boiler repair, installation, and replacement service in the Harrisburg, PA area, G.F. Bowman, Inc. is the perfect contractor to partner with. We’ve been in business since 1967 and have the experience and knowledge needed to solve many of your boiler concerns. Harrisburg winters can be brutal, and waiting until the temperatures drop to realize your boiler is on the fritz is never a good idea. That’s why we offer top-quality boiler repair and maintenance services, keeping your home protected. And even if a replacement is needed, we’ll help you find the best option for your budget as well.
Ready to upgrade your old boiler? Consider installing modern heating methods, including our very popular geothermal heating systems.
What Are Some Common Signs Your Boiler Needs Work?
For many homeowners, the first time they realize their boiler is damaged is when it stops working altogether. Luckily, there are some warning signs you can be on the lookout for that’ll help you resolve boiler repairs before they become disasters. These warning signs include:
- Unusual Noises: If your boiler normally runs quietly and suddenly starts making noises such as kettling, whirring, whistling, or clanging, it could be a sign of trouble. There may be debris trapped in the tank or the pressure could be too low.
- Strange Smell: If you detect a strange, slightly unpleasant odor emanating from your boiler, you could have a potentially dangerous carbon monoxide leak and need to get your family to safety at once. Check to see if the boiler’s flame is yellow – this is another indicator of a CO gas leak.
- Jump in Cost: Although boilers are not known as one of the most energy-efficient heating options for your home, if your heating bill has suddenly increased drastically, this could be a sign that your system requires upkeep or repairs.
- Frigid Temperatures: If it takes a really long time to heat up your home or you cannot get it to heat above a certain temperature, the problem could be with your boiler.
- Water Leaks: Leaks at the base of your boiler can lead to serious water damage and/or the development of mold. If you spot any leaks near your boiler, schedule an appointment with a technician.
If you suspect that your boiler is struggling to heat your home, it may be time to schedule an inspection with an experienced pro.